The motor resides inside again!

After work last night I got to work on the car. Eric and Russ came over to lend their assistance as well. Russ got started on the leaking wheel cylinder, Eric started putting the Intake/exhaust/turbo back onto the motor, while I worked on fabricating a bracket to mount the VR sensor onto the side of the motor.

While they were both productive, I actually never got my portion of the project finished last night, though I hope to finish it up tonight. Once the intake/exhaust and turbo was all back together we went ahead and began the task of putting the motor back in the car. I've got some High Definition video of that process here on this Video Page.

With Eric and Russ' help we also managed to get the drive shaft connected up and the transmission into the cross member under the tunnel. Tonight I'm going to pick up more bolts, so we can mount the fuel cell bracket to the floor of the car and then we can hookup all the fuel lines. We'll also be installing the fuel rail and injectors tonight so we can hook up the fuel lined up front.

At that point I hope to start trying to figure out the wiring for the car, that's the big project left for this weekend, get wiring going so we can try to start this bad boy up.

Here are some various photos from last night

IMG_3095 IMG_3094 IMG_3096 IMG_3093 IMG_3092 IMG_3091 IMG_3090 IMG_3105 IMG_3104 IMG_3089 IMG_3106 IMG_3102 IMG_3100 IMG_3101 IMG_3099 IMG_3098 Nice Wheel Fuel Cell Location Storage Compartments Driver's Side

comments powered by Disqus