P240Z Fiberglass work
Tonight I spent some time working with fiberglass in the car. I was hoping to repair a few of the holes in the floorboards.
I made quite a mess, but learned quite a bit. Here are some before photos.
The passenger side needed the most work as it was in the worst shape due to rust. I used quite a few pieces of fiberglass matt on the passenger floorboard covering some of the holes. I also covered up a few of the sharper metal pieces of the floorboard.
On the driver's side I used minimal fiberglass matting and mainly used resin. The driver's side was in far better shape than the passenger side so I used resin to smooth out the surface on the driver's side. It turned out far better than I could have imagined! You can't really see it in the photos, but it's quite a clean look on the driver's side now. I can't wait to see how all this looks once painted. Though before I paint I'll be cleaning up the fiberglass with some sand paper.
I'll spend some time Thursday and Friday night working on the floor. I hope to try to paint the interior this weekend. The interior may have to wait though as I hope to finish up a few other things this weekend, mainly the fuel lines and getting the motor back into the car.